What can you do as an educator to support change in education and teaching? Below are some ideas that you can try tomorrow.
1. Try a lesson where students are given the outcomes and they prove their learning to you.
2. Get out of your classroom and go watch a fellow colleague in your school district.
3. Blog or Skype with another class in another country.
4. Start a blog as a reflective tool.
5. Let some students teach you a new program or app. Here are a 100 great apps.
6. Push for paperless reporting of assessment or paperless assignments.
7. Teach a lesson through social media.
8. Innovation = Connections, so make as many connections through social networks.
9. Change the physical space in your classroom or school to promote collaboration of students.
10. Watch some videos on 21st education. Check out this link.
11. Use technology to improve literacy.
12. Follow a new hashtag on twitter. Here are 20 to start with.
Hopefully this helps you with some small steps towards change. Try one, I encourage you!
‘This bridge will take you halfway there- the last few steps you will have to take yourself.’ Shel Siverstein